Understanding Chiropractor Costs and Alternative Payment Options For Patients
Chiropractors treat a range of problems related to the spine, muscles, and nerves. As per a survey, 35 million Americans see a chiropractor every year. Yet, chiropractor cost remains a top concern for patients.
According to Forbes, a single visit to the chiropractor can cost from $30 up to $300. Additionally, as some treatments aren’t covered by insurance, the costs may vary from patient to patient.
Unlock accessible chiropractic care with Credee by encouraging your chiropractor to explore this game-changing payment solution today!
In this blog, learn about chiropractic costs and which treatments fall under insurance, and which ones do not.
How Much Does a Chiropractor Cost?
Each patient usually requires a unique treatment plan. It may consist of a particular treatment or a combination of chiropractic services. Thus, how much chiropractic treatment costs may vary depending on the patient’s individual needs.
Here is the breakdown of chiropractor costs in 2023
1. A thorough examination including treatment will cost you around $300.
2. Out-of-pocket costs will range between $100-$150 per visit.
3. Follow-ups with the concerned chiropractor will cost around $100 or less.
That said, let’s further dive into the chiropractic treatments that are ideally covered under insurance.
What Services Do Chiropractors Offer?
They provide a variety of treatments, including:
- Massage therapies.
- Spine adjustments for fixing spine alignment, joints, and other back issues.
- Recommending exercises to ease arthritis and other body aches.
- Spinal decompression therapy via stretching.
- Physiotherapy for the elderly (i.e., people aged 65 and over).
- Specialized treatments, like acupuncture, laser therapy, and shockwave therapy.
- Physiotherapy for patients injured in accidents or during sports.
- Diet and nutrition guidance (for wellness and preventive care).
Your Health, Your Way! Partner with Credee for Flexible Chiropractor Payments.Register Now
Insurance might cover some of these services, but not all. Moreover, it's crucial to understand that specialized treatments are typically more expensive. Also, the cost can increase if regular visits and follow-up treatments are needed.
Which Chiropractic Treatments Are Covered and Not Covered Under Insurance?
|Covered under insurance||Not covered under insurance|
|Medically necessary chiropractic therapies for evidence-based conditions like:
|Treatments that are considered to be alternative or elective, including:
*Other treatments deemed "not medically necessary"
Insurance Coverage for Chiropractic Care: How It Works?
Insurance coverage plays a crucial role in managing chiropractic expenses. Here’s how it works:
- Healthcare insurance companies usually have a network of preferred providers, including chiropractors. This network allows you to visit any licensed chiropractor for treatment.
- Make sure to confirm whether your insurance plan covers the treatments you require.
- The clinic usually submits the claim on the patient’s behalf after the chiropractic appointment.
- Some plans may require patients to pay a certain out-of-pocket amount before insurance starts.
Thus, the cost may vary depending on the coverage plan.
However, it may not be feasible for all to pay the fee in full at once. So, there are a few other ways for uninsured patients to pay.
Secure Your Chiropractic Future with Payment Plans
Ensure you receive consistent chiropractic care with flexible payment plans tailored to your budget.Request a Callback
The Top Ways to Pay for Chiropractic Care Without Insurance
Patients who lack insurance can use their savings to pay out-of-pocket. It's ideal for low-cost treatments such as massage therapy.
2. Special Offers and Discount Deals
Many chiropractors offer special deals and discounts for patients who need frequent sessions. Hence, online coupons from websites such as Groupon can help them afford chiropractic care.
3. Payment Plans
Nowadays, many chiropractors have integrated payment plan software like Credee to offer affordable payment plans to patients.
It is mutually beneficial as the chiropractors can create personalized payment plans that fit the patient’s budget. The patient can pay off the bill in easy installments, while the chiropractor receives recurring payments.
Hence, it's worth exploring chiropractic clinics that offer Credee payment plans or similar payment options.
There are various ways to cover the chiropractor's cost. For example, using savings and special offers may help. However, payment plans stand out as the most viable option. They allow patients to get the chiropractic care they need while making affordable installments.
Therefore, it is best to ask your chiropractor if they offer Credee payment plans. Credee offers NO CREDIT CHECK flexible payment plans for patients.